Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 13 08:29:59 UTC 2012

On 13/12/2012 07:37, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> This same issue with firefox was reported in this PR:

> And included a simple fix which was rejected by the firefox maintainer
> due to firefox sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH at runtime to find its share
> libraries.

Unfortunately it seems to be a fairly common effect in some large
projects. Other packages showing the same symptoms:

   thunderbird (yeah -- that one was predictable...)
   openjdk6
   virtualbox-ose

... and that's just out of what's installed on my desktop: by no means
comprehensive.  As far as I can tell from a quick check, openjdk6
doesn't rely on setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the environment.

I've raised issue #403 in pkgng Github.

	Cheers,

	Matthew