Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Dec 11 16:35:03 UTC 2012

Am Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:18:44 -0500
schrieb Mark Saad <nonesuch at longcount.org>:

> So what is the short summary ? From what I can see, the wiki is out
> of date again. the ISO are on the master server, and working out to
> the mirrors. FreeBSD update is still not updated.  Does someone just
> need to just update the wiki with the relevant info ?

From my experience, it usually takes a couple of days from uploading
the ISOs to the official announcement.

I don't think it makes sense anymore to update the wiki now.

For the future, I also suggest not to make a timeline or a public
schedule at all.
It will stop people from making assumptions and plans for their
rollouts that more often than not just turn out to be unrealistic.
I myself actually anticipated a October/November-ish release-date when I
saw the first schedule...and even that turned out to be too optimistic.