LSI 9240-4i 4K alignment

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Mon Aug 20 02:33:20 UTC 2012

On 08/19/2012 14:04, Steven Hartland wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Lewis" <truckman at FreeBSD.org>

Just to clear up,

The 9240 is a sas2008 based card with the megaraid software on top of
it.  In it's default config from LSI the FreeBSD mfi will recognize it
in later versions of FreeBSD (The upcoming 9.1  for sure)  Older
versions of mfi will not recognize it.

The card can be flashed with IT firmware and then becomes a 9211 HBA,
but it's a bit more expensive than a 9211 is so that doesn't make sense
to do in many cases.

On the dmesg posted the firmware on the card is phase 11.  This *must*
be in lockstep with the driver version or the card may not play nicely.
 FreeBSD 8.3 and 9.0 have v13 of the driver, the upcoming 9.1 will have
v14.  Note that v14 fixes a *ton* of stability bugs, including issues
where bad drives would hang the controller or prevent systems from booting.

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel