157k interrupts per second causing 60% CPU load on idle system

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Sun Apr 15 20:11:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:09:34 +0200, Matt Thyer <matt.thyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2012 6:27 PM, "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org>
> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem does not occur with 9-STABLE.
>>>
>>> Who knows what the problem was ? USB maybe ?
>>

>> Do you still have the same hardware on the same interrupts on 9-STABLE?
>> Are there changes in the use of MSI(-X)?
>>
> I made no hardware or BIOS changes and I'm running a GENERIC kernel in
> all
> testing.

That does not mean FreeBSD 9 can't put devices on other interrupts than 8
did.
'dmesg | grep irq' like you did before might show a difference with your
previous output.
I'm just guessing here for a clue on the result you are seeing, but
without any data I cannot answer you (and I guess nobody can).

Ronald.