9-STABLE, ZFS, NFS, ggatec - suspected memory leak

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Tue Apr 3 13:33:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 09:02:03PM +0000, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-March/239643.html
>
> Same issue different thread.  Different software.
>
> Its not NFS, its ZFS.
>
> I don't really have a place to try it on 8.2, but my hunch from things
> I've done rather similarly which don't cause tell me its a new issue in
> 9.0, though I won't swear by that.

So we're having different issues. I could boil it down to NFS
definitely: If I change back to the old NFS server the problem
immediately stops.

I'm currently checking, where in the new NFS server might be the problem
(together with people who have a deeper understanding of what's
happening).

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller          http://sysadm.in/         ob at sysadm.in |
|                        Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe. |