h_ertt cc_vegas loader.conf interaction on stable/8

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 21 16:43:39 UTC 2011

On 09/21/11 16:11, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 02:08:33PM +1000, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
>> On 09/21/11 13:32, Jason Hellenthal wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Larence,

>>> Only 'newreno'
>>
>> Ok, definitely a bug then. Should be simple to reproduce, so I'll track
>> it down and send through a patch for testing when I've got something.
>>

> Alright, Ill await the patch for testing.

hmm, I just tested with 8.2-STABLE r225712 in virtualbox with identical
configuration to what you tried and it works for me. System boots with
net.inet.tcp.cc.available as "newreno, vegas" and
net.inet.tcp.cc.algorithm as "vegas".

Anything special about your kernel config? Did you build and install the
modules via "make buildkernel installkernel"? What other kernel modules
do you have loaded?

Cheers,
Lawrence