problem with whereis rar and portinstall on the fresh installation of FreeBSD 9.0-RC1

Subbsd subbsd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:56:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM, George Kontostanos
<gkontos.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Subbsd <subbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> I had the same problem. It was solved by recompiling rubby1-8, and
> performing a portsnap fetch extract again.

I have found that this behavior arises if to remove portupgrade
checkbox by default

"BDB4 Use Berkeley DB> = 2 as backend"

When I returned back to this dependency (installed ruby ​​{18,19}-bdb)
- the upgrade process was successful

It turns out that this option is obligatory and it shouldn't be removed. Thanks.