re unix browser problem

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Sun Oct 16 01:12:14 UTC 2011

On 15 Oct 2011, at 14:24, kapral <kapral at toya.net.pl> wrote:

> Now i don't see any strange connections established but i had them b4 i
> wrote email i know my browsers connect to strange ip unfortunatly i didn't
> checked a port to whih was connected to but it was from high ports abowe
> 1024 on my local machine

That is normal behaviour, your machine uses unprivileged ports for outgoing connections, which is a smart thing to do, as using ports <1024 requires root privileges.

> there was no stranege connections to google or other pages i visit nor the
> dns connection this ware connections established to adres i don't know and
> i didn't browse them from my browser sorry i wont put the output but i
> found it by lsof -i
>
> Regards
> Tomasz Marszal

You would do well to heed Jeremy's advice, and read up on the links he's given you before questioning the validity of his answer ;)

He often posts to the list and always goes the extra mile to back his claims with actual documentation or proof.

Read the links he's provided, they will help you understand.