linux-f10-flashplugin (unrelated "Locale not supported" message)

Mon Oct 3 21:14:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:43:41 +0900 Chung-Yeol Lee
<chungyeol.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Ted Faber <faber at isi.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 09:21:12PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> > > I would expect something like this if you use a valid FreeBSD
> > > locale specification which is not valid on Linux. For example on
> > > FreeBSD the iso 8859-XX locales have to be written differently.
> > > Maybe in your case we have something similar, a locale which
> > > exists in FreeBSD with a slightly different name than on Linux
> > > (Fedora 10 in the case of the linuxulator).
> >
> > FWIW, I use:
> >
> > $ echo $LC_ALL
> > en_US.UTF-8

> Usually, I use the following command to generate proper locale files.
>
>  /compat/linux/usr/bin/localedef -i ko_KR -c -f UTF-8 -A
> /usr/share/locale/locale.alias ko_KR.UTF-8
>
> (I'm using ko_KR.UTF-8 in FreeBSD)
>
> I think similar things can be done with different locales.

Interesting... sort of.

You use a linux command and and generate a FreeBSD file? Does it also
work if you use /compat/linux/usr/share/locale/locale.alias instead
(no such file in the /usr/share/locale directory)?

Do you think something like this is correct?

foreach LANG in /compat/linux/usr/share/locale/*; do
  if [ -d $LANG ]; then
    NAME=$(basename $LANG)
    foreach ENCDIR in /usr/share/locale/${NAME}.* ]; do
       ENC=$(echo $ENCDIR | sed -e 's:/usr/share/locale/${NAME}\.::')
       /compat/linux/usr/bin/localedef -i $NAME -c -f $ENC -A ... \
          $NAME.$ENC
       done
  fi
done

If it works with /compat/linux/usr/share/locale/locale.alias, we could
add it to the linux_base port.

Bye,
Alexander.