TCP Reassembly Issues

kerbzo kerbzo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:07:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

this patch works for me, also.
Reass counter now does not increase ( tcpreass:                40,
1680,      21,     399,  572562,   0,   0 ) and a severe network
performance issue of netatalk and afpd, used as a "Time Capsule"
server for mac os x,  seems now disappeared.
Really thank you,

best regards,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 6:23 AM, Lawrence Stewart <lstewart at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 11/25/11 13:01, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
>>
>> On 11/24/11 18:02, Kris Bauer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am currently experiencing an issue with FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 r227852
>>> where the
>>> net.inet.tcp.reass.curesegments value is constantly increasing (and not
>>> descreasing when there is nominal traffic with the box). It is causing
>>> tcp
>>> slowdowns as described with kern/155407:
>>>
>>> Exhausted net.inet.tcp.reass.maxsegments block recovering tcp session
>>> (for
>>> this socket and any other socket waiting for retransmited packets). After
>>> exhausted net.inet.tcp.reass.maxsegments allocation new entry in
>>> tcp_reass
>>> failed (for this socket and any other socket waiting for retransmited