After 50 News Weekly / Niagara

After 50 News Weekly / Niagara rnw at niagara.retirementnewsweekly.ca
Fri Nov 18 21:38:08 UTC 2011

After 50 News Weekly / Niagara

Date: Nov 18th, 2011Last Month's Readers:38,058 - This Months Readers: 9,088

LOCAL NEWS
Police warn of new fraud schemes
The Niagara Regional Police are investigating two separate fraud cases.

The first fraud related issue involves people receiving unsolicited phone calls during which the person on the line inquires about problems with the home owner's computer or suggests that their computer may be infected with several viruses. The caller then directs the home owner or resident to a website enabling them to connect to the home owner's computer. Once connected, the caller identifies several issues with the computer and offers to repair the computer for a fee and asks the home owner to provide a credit card number. Complaints received by police have ranged from unauthorized charges to credit cards to people finding trojans or viruses on their computers after connecting to the site provided. Police are warning the public to ensure they know who they are dealing with when responding to unsolicited phone calls and before giving out credit card or any personal information. Callers associated to this complaint are using numerous telephone numbers,
... read more

NATIONAL NEWS
Harper looks to Asia for free trade deal
Prime Minister Stephen Harper is looking East as Canada.
... read more

INTERNATIONAL NEWS
International Education Week
The Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC)
... read more

COLUMNIST
Giving to Charity at the Beginning of the Christmas Season
Stores are decked with Christmas celebration. Holiday music greets us when we turn on the radio. Most likely, we are already starting to make our
... read more

SPORTS
NBA players file antitrust lawsuits
After the NBA Player's Association turned down the latest offer from the league, some locked-out players have filed
... read more

LIFESTYLE
ART AS A FORM OF THERAPY
Art isn't just a painting you hang on your wall. For the person who painted it, it was cathartic. If you look at a painting, not just the picture but the actual brush strokes and lines,
... read more

FEATURES
ASK DOREEN
What are your qualifications? I have been a licensed realtor since 1985, selling and servicing real estate needs in the region – NOTL, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, St. Catharines, both in resales and new home
... read more

ENVIRONMENT
HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS: KICKING 'EM OLD SCHOOL
Winter is coming and you might be thinking about giving the house a thorough
... read more

THIS WEEK IN HISTORY
November 21 – November 25
The #1 song this week in 1970 was The Partridge Family's I Think I Love You.

November 21 Today is World Television Day! On this day in:
... read more

SPIN THE GLOBE
Escape winter in Egypt
If you are in the market for an escape from the cold Canadian winter, may I suggest a getaway that has all three S's: sun, sand, and sea? Take off to beautiful Egypt. Home to 82 million .
... read more

FIFTY & FABULOUS
TRANSITIONING YOUR SUMMER WARDROBE FOR FALL

With the first day of fall behind us, sadly it’s time to put away those shorts and sandals and pull out those cable knit sweaters. Who says Fall/Winter clothing has to be dull and dreary?! By pairing any one these 5 key pieces with your summer wardrobe you can instantly transform

1. Scarves
Scarves are an excellent
... read more

YOUR RETIREMENT
The Holiday Card

This may just be the first year I get my holiday cards out in time, if I act quickly that is. Thankfully I’ve found plenty of gorgeous Letterpress cards to choose from.
... read more

EDITOR'S LETTER
How do you measure a man and his career?
Good question, how do you? That was the question asked during the "Farewell Regis" celebration that aired Friday, November 18, 2011. After 28 years on the air, Regis Philbin, one of the biggest names in television hung up his hat and said
... read more

After 50 News Weekly
is a resource tool for the 50-plus active lifestyle community in Niagara. We provide you with up-to-date information on retirement, news and local events, all at your fingertips! If there is a topic you would like us to feature or if you have any questions or comments, please Contact Us. For our advertising rates, please contact Graham Pomeroy at graham at pomeroynewscorp.ca or call directly at 905-988-9339.
Sincerely,
Victoria Lewis, Director of Operations

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email will not be responded to or read. If you have any questions or comments, contact us by email at info at pomeroynewscorp.
Cancel your subscription:
UNSUBSCRIBE Sends us a news tip:
newsroom at after50newsweekly.caTo Submit an Event:
events at after50newsweekly.ca