Building servers this weekend. Recommendations?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 19:25:10 UTC 2011

On 13/11/2011 18:51, Brett Glass wrote:
> I need to build up some new servers this weekend, and my first choice
> for the OS would be FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 if it were available. Alas, it
> isn't, and there's no sign of when it's coming (neither the Release
> Engineering page or the Wiki is anywhere near up to date). RC1 has a few
> bugs that I'd like to avoid, as does 8.2-RELEASE. Recommendations?

It's here already:

maggot:~:% uname -a
FreeBSD maggot.black-earth.co.uk 9.0-RC2 FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 #1: Sat Nov 12
01:06:59 GMT 2011
root at maggot.black-earth.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MAGGOT  amd64

Don't know about iso images or the like: this was upgraded from -RC1 by
compiling sources.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3