mfi timeouts

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 9 14:56:29 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:39:07 pm Vincent Hoffman wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 22:24, Vincent Hoffman wrote:

> >> very curious about whether the patch fixes the problem for you.

> >> Hmm, did you try the patch I had posted from that earlier thread?  It had
> >> two changes in it, one was similar to the patch in the PR, the second added
> >> MSI-X support.  I've since tweaked it to make the MSI-X support off by
> >> default but possible to enable via loader.conf.  Would you be willing to
> >> try the updated patch at www.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/mfi.patch?
> > Hi,
> > yes I tried the patch you posted originally, unfortunately the dell
> > never finished booting either. The Supermicro is now in production but
> > I'll take the dell up to 9-STABLE and try your updated patch.
> >
> The patch didnt apply quite cleanly for 9-STABLE, 1 reject as it had
> already been applied.

Odd, it's against stock head, so I don't know why it would have failed to
apply.

> I have rebooted the dell and it seems happy with the new patch (msi
> disabled.)

Okay, good.  I'll commit the non-MSI bits at least and get them merged into
9.0 if possible.

> Booting with
> hw.mfi.msix=1 in /boot/loader.conf causes the timeouts again and stops
> the boot from completing.

Ok.  Can you try changing it to use MSI instead of MSI-X?  Just edit the
mfi_pci.c call and replace 'pci_alloc_msix' with 'pci_alloc_msi'.

--
John Baldwin