Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 10:42:33 UTC 2011

> I agree with that. I had problems with Flash on AMD64 so sometimes

Am impressed - I didnt realise it was possible at all under amd64! I
ended up using 'gnash' which doesnt really do the job to be honest,
but it better than nothing. These days I find the best solution is
keeping a copy of Windows inside VirtualBox for those moments
when I need stuff that freeBSD can't do (primarily talking to HP iLo's
these days, since I can't make Java work in Firefox)

As a desktop to get work done I can't fault BSD - but would I use
it at home for general browsing ? No, too many things don't work
properly. OSX all the way there I'm afraid...

-pete.