Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 29 18:24:31 UTC 2011

on 29/03/2011 20:51 Matthew Fleming said the following:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Michal Varga <varga.michal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 11:43 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>>> Desktop support is lacking when compared to the other major OSes
>>> (Windows, Mac and Linux).
>>
>> Here too. How is "desktop support" on FreeBSD lacking?
>
> I realize a desktop means many things to many people, but the biggest
> thing holding me back from using FreeBSD on a desktop is flash
> support.  I spent a little time trying to follow online instructions
> and I didn't get anything working.

Strange.  I followed some instructions that I googled up and it was like "install
these two ports and run that command" and everything worked.   And still does :)

(I think that it was www/linux-f10-flashplugin10, www/nspluginwrapper and running
nspluginwrapper -v -i /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
as a user for which I enabled the plugin).

--
Andriy Gapon