WANTED: good server tutorial

Etienne Robillard erob at gthcfoundation.org
Tue Mar 22 09:52:03 UTC 2011

On 21/03/11 08:31 PM, Jason Hsu wrote:
> I'm looking for a good step-by-step quick-and-dirty FreeBSD server tutorial for the current stable version.  Most of the tutorials I've seen are for outdated versions of FreeBSD.
>
> My setup is: Internet -> Modem -> Firewall/server computer -> Ethernet switch -> Other computers
>
> For an example of what I'd like to see, check out my tutorial for setting up Debian Lenny on the server at http://www.jasonhsu.com/linux-server-debian.html .
>
> Is there something analogous for FreeBSD version 7.4?

The handbook documentation is probably what you're looking for.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob at gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy