panic on vm_page_cache_transfer: object 0xfffffff0035508000's type is not compatible with cache pages

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Tue Mar 8 10:54:33 UTC 2011

System:

FreeBSD zfs.digiware.nl 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #1: Sat Feb 26
06:28:43 CET 2011
root at zfs.digiware.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/src8/src/sys/ZFS  amd64

Don't have a serial console, so I wrote down the traceback.
But my guess is that that is not enough, however I needed the system so
I rebooted.

tb:
vm_object_split		at .... +0x125
vm_space_fork		at .... +0x3f7
fork1			at .... +0x6a9
fork			at .... +0xee
syscall_entr		at ....	+1c
syscall			at ....	+4c

rip = 0x8006bc39c
rsp = 0x7fffffffe9d8
rbp = 0x800a04470

It looks a lot like what I find on
http://people.freebsd.org/~pho/stress/log/kostik079.html

But my system is amd64, with 8Gb RAM and is fully ZFS based
with swap on 2 gpt freebsd-swap partitions.

System crashed last night around 1:30, which is when a few large rsync
backups are coming in.

Would I be able to call doadump to obtain something usefull afterward
(provided I have savecore set?)

--WjW