service(8) doesn't list dhcpd startscript

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Fri Mar 4 23:08:45 UTC 2011

Hilko Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I played a bit with service(8) and I noticed that it doesn't properly
> detects the isc-dhcpd-startscript. System is 7.3-RELEASE-p4. 'service -l' lists
> isc-dhcpd but 'service -e' doesn't lists it:
> | hilti at kirk:~>  service -l | grep dhcp
> | isc-dhcpd
> | hilti at kirk:~>  service -e | grep dhcp
> | hilti at kirk:~>  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd rcvar
> | # dhcpd
> | dhcpd_enable=YES

It works for me on newer version of the FreeBSD (7.4-RELEASE) and with
newer dhcpd (isc-dhcp41-server-4.1.2_2,1)

~/# service -l | grep dhcp
isc-dhcpd
isc-dhcpd6

~/# service -e | grep dhcp
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd6

~/# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd rcvar
# dhcpd
dhcpd_enable=YES

So you can compare rc scripts for those two versions or compare changes
in service between these two FreeBSD releases.

Miroslav Lachman