CPU0: local APIC error 0x40 CPU1: local APIC error 0x40

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Mar 2 19:25:33 UTC 2011

On 3/2/2011 10:18 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

>> Hi,
>> 	No, nothing at all.  I checked the logs again and nothing unusual
>> leading up to it, nor was anything recorded on the serial console other
>> than that error.  Do you think its just a hardware issue?
>
> No, was trying to think if there was a scenario where an I/O APIC pin or MSI
> message could specify an illegal vector.
>
> Can you reproduce this at all?

Not sure. Its the first time I have ever seen this error.  In the past,
the box would be crashing for other reasons after 2-5 days.  However,
with the fixes from glebius and mlaier all seemed to have been fixed.
The box was up 11 days when it hung with that error. I could not even
break into the debugger. Hence, I was thinking perhaps the hardware is
all of a sudden showing an issue.
The two active NICs are using the legacy interrupts
interrupt                          total       rate
irq1: atkbd0                           3          0
irq4: uart0                        29974          0
irq6: fdc0                             5          0
irq14: ata0                       125592          2
irq15: ata1                           48          0
irq24: em0                      93380742       1529
irq25: em1                      96506206       1580
cpu0: timer                    117681138       1927
cpu1: timer                    117682130       1927
Total                          425405838       6967

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net