arcmsr panic runnig 8.2 of 2011

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Sun Jun 26 09:50:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running ZFS of of 8 disks on an areca 1120....
Things were just running fine until I tried upgrading to the most recent
STABLE.

Turns out that my configuration causes a panic in

arcmsr.c:2093,
Because the MTX is multiple invoked here.

Now my previous working version dates from 26/2, and since then a new
release from areca was imported.....

So I tried opgrading my firmware to 1.49, but to no avail.
The system keeps panicing.

So I guess that there is still a coding error somewhere in the driver.
But I'm not into this enough to even know where to start looking for
tracing this.....

But perhaps somebody has a suggestion?

Thanx,
--WjW