ata: SIGNATURE: ffffffff

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Wed Jun 22 17:13:31 UTC 2011

* George Kontostanos <gkontos.mail at gmail.com> [2011-06-22 19:58:50 +0300]:

> I have also changed the SATA port in the controller!
>
> I am afraid that I might get a new controller and still have the same
> issues. I just want to eliminate any other options first.

Don't top post, it's against list policy. See my siganture for a
reasonable reason why.

Replace the port or just moved the drive to an unused port? Or did you
physically remove the card and solder a new SATA Female port to your
card (which I would imagine would violate/void your warranty on the
card.

Essentially this is what you've done so far:

    1. Changed drives
    2. Changed SATA Cable
    3. Moved to an unused port

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like a faulty card, which was my
original assessment. First I would see replacement on the same card
under the warranty, if it still produces a problem, I would change
cards. There is a slim chance it could also be a driver issue.