ZFS boot inside on the second partition inside a slice

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Thu Jun 16 12:36:34 UTC 2011

On 06/16/2011 07:32, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
> I just redo everything, and changed the order of freebsd-zfs and
> freebsd-swap. The "Read error" still happens!

Just a me too.

Everything was working great with zfsboot from 8.2-RELEASE + a patch
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/153552).

As I update to 8.2-STABLE after v28 MFC, I have to write a new zfsboot
to be allowed to upgrade my pool. I get the "Read Error" after that.

PS - same comfig, a netboot with windows7 on first partition - so I
can't switch to gpt.

Henri