disable 64-bit dma for one PCI slot only?

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 20 20:35:29 UTC 2011

On 20.07.2011 18:25, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
>> The "Rev" column is required for of devices that are not uniquely
>> identified by their Vnd/Dev-IDs. (These used to exist, e.g. the Symbios
>> SCSI controllers, though I'm not aware of any device that needed a
>> different driver depending on the PCI revision number.)
>>

> re(4) and rl(4) are one of example that needs the "Rev".

Does the decision whether "re" or "rl" attaches the device depend
on the revision field? This used to be the case for "ncr" and "sym",
too, but one driver was extended to cover all devices supported by
the other ...

Anyway: I agree that the revision is significant information and
should be kept in pciconf output.

Regards, STefan