powernow regression in 8-STABLE

Callum Gibson callumgibson at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 20 00:38:36 UTC 2011

On 19Jul11 12:04, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
}On Tuesday 19 July 2011 07:20 am, Callum Gibson wrote:
}> I've just noticed and tracked down a regression in
}> x86/cpufreq/powernow.c (on amd64) which was first mentioned here:
}>
}> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-March/02350
}>9.html
}>
}> although no followup seems to have occurred.
}>
}> Symptoms are that powerd stops working because the dev.cpu.0.freq
}> OID is no longer gettable nor settable.
}[snip]
}
}HP again...  Can you please show me verbose boot messages?

I've put them in http://members.optusnet.com.au/callumgibson/verboseboot.out
for you. This is a boot (and shutdown) of the kernel which exhibits the problem
(hence kernel.old in output).

(On the plus side, this HP laptop now suspends and resumes properly after
5 years.  Not sure when that started happening.)

regards,
    Callum

--

Callum Gibson @ home