recommendations for laptop and desktop

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:47:10 UTC 2011

On Jul 13, 2011 7:31 AM, "Zoran Kolic" <zkolic at sbb.rs> wrote:

> > There is this list for laptops:
> > http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/
>
> Been there. Seen that. Obsolete.
> My very idea would be to have recent models in some kind
> of wiki. I believe that at least hundred guys on the list
> could post quality articles on the subject regarding lap-
> tops they regurarly use.
>
> > See the recent thread on the freebsd-mobile list with subject "Laptop
recommendations?"

> Mostly older stuff recommended. Hard to find or I dislike
> what I see on the review for particular model.
> Thank you for answering my question.
>
>                              Zoran

I agree that a wiki would be ideal, but it would require active management.
That's the real issue.

It's also the reason wiki.FreeBSD.org would not be practical. I might be
able to admin such a wiki, but I have no place to put it.  But I'm retired,
so I should have time.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Retired
kob6558 at gmail.com