Crashes with Promise controller

George Kontostanos gkontos.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:25:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Thomas Ronner <thomas at ronner.org> wrote:
> On 7/7/11 2:09 PM, Christian Baer wrote:
>>
>> Do you have an alternative controller in mind? Preferably I mean one
>> that doesn't cost ten times as much. :-)
>
> I suggest an LSI 1068 based SAS controller. With the SAS->SATA cables
> included it will cost at most five times as much :)
>

> Regards,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have found a used LSI SAS3041E-HP 4-Port PCI-E SAS/SATA RAID
controller on ebay. It comes around 70$ which is pretty much the same
price I paid for the junk am using now. Do you know if this is
supported because I can't find anything relevant in HCL and I read
that some people use it without problems.

Thanks

--
George Kontostanos
aisecure.net