Hang in VOP_LOCK1_APV on 8-STABLE with NFS.

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 10 20:24:12 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> I have got the first steps set up. No solution yet.
> 1. With the patch OpenOffice opens my homedir (yeah!), but it gives an
> I/O
> error when saving a file and everything hangs after that.

Hmm, I don't think you mentioned what server you were using. It
wouldn't happen to be a FreeBSD one exported ZFS? If so, make
sure you have this patch in it:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/freebsd8.0-patches/freebsd8-nfsserver-estale.patch
(With it a stale file handle can result in EIO from a server exporting ZFS
 and that can make the client loop around, retrying the RPC.)

> 2. I have dumps and stuff. I will mail some links in private e-mail.

I'll take a look at some point.

> 3. Didn't work. It mount, but ls -l /home gives "Operation not
> permitted".

It should work. This hints at a server issue.

Anyhow, I'll look at the dumps at some point, rick