Freebsd-update and release candidates

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 14:49:44 UTC 2011

> However, I'm a wee bit curious of whether I will be able to upgrade from
> 8.2RC3 or if I should wait until 8.2 is actually released with the setup
> (I _CAN_ wait a week or two).

Looks like its already been tagged so should be any time now:-

/usr/src/UPDATING:-
20110221:
    8.2-RELEASE.

20101126:
    New version of minidump format for amd64 architecture was
    introduced in r215872.  To analyze vmcore files produced by
    kernels at or after this version you will need updated userland,
    libkvm actually, that is able to handle the new version.

    Regards
    Steve