Panic from linux emulation (flashplugin)

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Mon Feb 21 20:48:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:24:25 -0600, Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de>
wrote:

>  I see you use the nvidia blob (I use radeon with xorg drivers), did
> you rebuild the nvidia driver port after upgrading to 8.2?  Or maybe
> this has something to do with the vdpau support that was added to
> flash with the last update and that others reported as possibly not
> working properly on FreeBSD...

Aha! This is probably it!

I just upgraded my workstation at work to 8.2 (also nvidia) and I am not
having the crash but I also don't have that newer flash version that
includes vdpau support. I will downgrade the flash version at home and
report back.

It would possibly also be wise to contact the maintainer and have him mark
the port as BROKEN or conflicting or something if you're running nvidia so
people don't run into this issue.

Thanks,

Mark