LSI SAS 2008 (mfi) on SuperMicro X8SI6-F

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Thu Feb 17 22:29:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

KDM> > KDM> I have attached a patch against -stable, try it out and let me know whether
KDM> > KDM> it works.  If so I'll go ahead and MFC it.
KDM> >
KDM> > I'm afraid something goes wrong at your side, at least in some files in
KDM> > sys/dev/mps, like
KDM> >
KDM> > Index: sys/dev/mps/mps_ioctl.h
KDM> > ===================================================================
KDM> > --- sys/dev/mps/mps_ioctl.h     (revision 212420)
KDM> > +++ sys/dev/mps/mps_ioctl.h     (working copy)
KDM> >
KDM> > as there is no sys/dev/mps in stable/8 kernel sources
KDM>
KDM> Whoops, svn diff doesn't do the right thing when there are multiple changes
KDM> merged.
KDM>
KDM> I re-did the diffs manually, you should be able to do something like:
KDM>
KDM> cd src
KDM> cat patch |patch -p4

well, this sequence creates mps-related files directly in src directory, but I
managed to overcome this :)

test reboot (remotely) said that at least machine tastes mps and single
non-configured drive, but further testing is due.

Thank you very much!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]