Removing all ZFS support from boot process

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Thu Feb 10 15:47:46 UTC 2011

According to Mark Powell:
> etc. for each drive. Then I can hear all the drives making noises.
> Sounds like the devices are being tasted, with the spinning char.
> This goes on for sometime. Often the machine hangs solid and I have

The controller has just been resetted by the driver and is now proceeding to spin the drives up (or just reset each of them) to make sure they are ready. Some controllers do that before loading the kernel, some later would be my guess.

> LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=no

I do not think it is ZFS related at all.

Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.net
In memoriam to Ondine, our 2nd child: http://ondine.keltia.net/