battery display broken

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Fri Dec 16 08:03:31 UTC 2011

It seems something broke with the battery display. Last night it
showed 94% remaining capacity for more than 2 hours.

Afterwards I docked the machine (HP6510b) and rebooted it. Since then
more than 8 hours have passed, but it still shows 16% (the LED indicators
state that the battery is full and no longer charging).

# acpiconf -i b
Design capacity:	4703 mAh
Last full capacity:	4703 mAh
Technology:		secondary (rechargeable)
Design voltage:		10800 mV
Capacity (warn):	236 mAh
Capacity (low):		48 mAh
Low/warn granularity:	100 mAh
Warn/full granularity:	100 mAh
Model number:		Primary
Serial number:		00835 2010/01/05
Type:			LIon
OEM info:		Hewlett-Packard
State:			charging
Remaining capacity:	16%
Remaining time:		unknown
Present rate:		3351 mA (39585 mW)
Present voltage:	11813 mV

The chipset is Intel 82801 from the ICH8 family. I'm running
RELENG_9/amd64.