directory listing hangs in "ufs" state

Andrey Zonov andrey at zonov.org
Wed Dec 14 18:11:51 UTC 2011

Hi Jeremy,

This is not hardware problem, I've already checked that. I also ran fsck
today and got no errors.

After some more exploration of how mongodb works, I found that then
listing hangs, one of mongodb thread is in "biowr" state for a long
time. It periodically calls msync(MS_SYNC) accordingly to ktrace out.

If I'll remove msync() calls from mongodb, how often data will be sync
by OS?

--
Andrey Zonov