9.0-RC3

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Dec 6 14:09:50 UTC 2011

On 6. Dec 2011, at 13:30 , Dimitry Andric wrote:

> On 2011-12-06 14:11, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> On 06/12/2011 12:51, George Kontostanos wrote:
>>> I apologize for the noise, I am running 9.0-RC3 since last Sunday but
>>> I haven't seen anything related in svn9-stable. Is it just me perhaps
>> you mean svn-src-stable-9 at freebsd.org ?  You're not alone -- the last
>> commit e-mail I've seen was on the 3rd.  However, I don't think that's
>> any cause for alarm.  Occasional gaps of two or three days between
>> commits seems to be quite normal.
>
> Direct commits for 9.0 release, such as this one, don't go into the
> stable/9 branch, only into releng/9.0:
>
>  http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/228239
>
> So you will not see messages about them in the svn9-stable mailing list.
>
> Apparently there is a svn-src-releng mailing list, though I was not able
> to view the archive; http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-releng/
> gives an error message.

You should email postmaster to get this fixed.

I assume you will not see (m)any more commits to releng/9.0 however as
it's RC3 and that basically means unless major things affecting a lot of
users come up soon it's pretty close to the release.

I would assume RC3 will be announced the next couple of days - the usual rule
is that it takes some days to get all arches build (esp. sparc64 usually
takes a bit) and do basic testing, upload and then give them time to propagate
to mirrors.

That also means that stable/9 will probably soon be opened again for normal
merge procedure.

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.