System extremely slow under light load

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sun Apr 24 18:41:51 UTC 2011

> I don't know which i7 you have, but the intel datasheet for the i7-870 states
> that the maximum case temperature is 72.7C.

I have a Core i7 Q740 with a native speed of 1.73GHz. My previous Dell
had a Q730. Both were exhibiting the same problems.

Since this is a laptop, I would expect temperatures to be higher than in
a desktop box. So up to 50-60°C CPU temperature while idling and 90°C
under load may be acceptable. But the behavior the computer is
exhibiting definitely is not acceptable.

- Bartosz