8.2: ISCSI: ISTGT a bit slow, I think

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:05:00 UTC 2011

> I testing the maximum throughput from ISCSI, but I've reached only
> ~50MB/s (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da13 bs=1M count=2048) with crossover
> 1Gb/s cabel and raw disk. Both machines are FreeBSD 8.2-stable with
> istgt and the Onboard ISCSI initiator

I've reached almost 118 MB/s but I don't have access to the
configuration atm. This was from a windows 7 client. From vmware I've
gotten 107 MB/s during a debian 6 server installation. I'll post the
settings when I get back to work. You could verify that there are no
mismatch between the nics.

Have you tried a plain scp of a large file and some rsync of ie. the
ports-tree (with distfiles)?

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

twitter.com/kometen