BIND9 built w/--disable-ipv6 on 8.1-STABLE

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 22 18:41:07 UTC 2010

On 9/22/2010 6:50 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:02:08 am Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

>> Can't we just do what lib/bind/config.mk already does?

Since I've already answered this twice in the same thread, I'll leave it
as an exercise for the reader to determine why I will not be making your
proposed change.

> Actually, I frequently build custom kernels w/o INET6, but don't necessarily
> disable INET6 for the world build.  However, why can't BIND just be fixed to
> have sane behavior if the kernel doesn't support INET6?

It already behaves as you expect it should, which I've already explained
in detail twice in this same thread.

These are not the droids you're looking for, move along.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads