Freebsd 8.1 + xorg + radeonhd hang

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Sun Sep 19 06:21:06 UTC 2010

On 2010-Sep-15 22:29:46 +0200, Eivind E <eivinde at terraplane.org> wrote:
>That has crossed my mind aswell, the only thing which makes me doubt
>it is that after updating X number of months ago (probably about a
>year and a half), it started to work with no problems whatsoever.
>Now, after upgrading again, it has stopped working.

Can I suggest adding a "Virtual 1280 1024" (or similar) to the
'SubSection "Display"' of 'Section "Screen"'.  I ran into some wierd
problems with multiple screens and found that the virtual size isn't
correctly initialised unless it's explicitly specified.

Also, specifying EXA acceleration is fairly mandatory: The default XAA
acceleration is broken.

--
Peter Jeremy