MFC of ZFSv15

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 16 15:59:25 UTC 2010

 Dont forget to read the general "ZFS notes" section in UPDATING:

ZFS notes
---------
When upgrading the boot ZFS pool to a new version, always follow
these two steps:

1.) recompile and reinstall the ZFS boot loader and boot block
(this is part of "make buildworld" and "make installworld")

2.) update the ZFS boot block on your boot drive

The following example updates the ZFS boot block on the first
partition (freebsd-boot) of a GPT partitioned drive ad0:
"gpart bootcode -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad0"

Non-boot pools do not need these updates.