csup in repomirror mode dumps core @ stable/8

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Sat Sep 11 11:36:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:59:07AM +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> >
> > some 2 days ago my repo mirror (stable/8 at amd64) starts dumping core on copying
> > repo:

> >  SetAttrs CVSROOT-src/Emptydir
> >  Edit CVSROOT-src/access,v
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> BTW, I can confirm moving away access,v file helps avoiding core.

I saw the same thing with csup.  I switched my local mirror client back
to using cvsup.  cvsup complains about the same file but it handles it
OK:

 Rsync CVSROOT-src/access
 Edit CVSROOT-src/access,v
CVSROOT-src/access,v: Invalid RCS file: 16249: "String" expected -- will transfer entire file
Applying fixups for collection cvs-all/cvs
 Fixup CVSROOT-src/access,v

--
John Marshall