strange problem with FreeBSD 7.3 64bit

freebsd free.bsd at webstyle.ch
Fri Sep 10 10:04:56 UTC 2010

Am 10.09.2010 11:21, schrieb Kostik Belousov:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:45:08AM +0200, freebsd wrote:
> It sounds like a deadlock, but the cause cannot be identified without
> further diagnostic. It might be driver (ciss I assume), but may be quota
> code, or even something else.
>
> Please follow the
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-deadlocks.html
> to obtain the required information.

thanks for the quick answer.
we've added the additional options to debug deadlocks. we'll have the
required information in the timeframe of 1-2 weeks, since the testbox
isn't that fast at generating the error.

QUOTA most likely isn't the culprit, since 2 of the affected 6 boxes
were running GENERIC w/o any modifications.