Policy for removing working code

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Sep 9 09:46:34 UTC 2010

on 09/09/2010 11:22 perryh at pluto.rain.com said the following:
> Good, perhaps even "necessary", but is it "sufficient"?  Those
> following a -STABLE branch are expected to read stable@, but
> what about those who are following a security branch?

People, who care, are expected to read current@ and stable@ even if they use
only releases and security branches.  At the very least, to see what's cooking
up for them and what to expect.

P.S. I am surprised that this thread isn't over yet and is being kept alive by
people who do not seem to use the feature in question or offer any work on it.
While people, who really need it, have already found a way forward for themselves.

P.P.S. Please, please, let it go now.  Watch current@, watch stable@ and speak
up next time such an announcement is made.  Do it on time, don't wait until a
few years later :-)

--
Andriy Gapon