Tuning the scheduler? Desktop with a CPU-intensive task becomes rapidly unusable.

Jim Bryant kc5vdj.freebsd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:30:23 UTC 2010

i just noticed this too...  had a build going of qt-creator, and then
started a /usr/src make clean, and had to abort the qt-creator build to
get the make clean to finish.  it was taking forever to even paint the
xterm in the make clean window.

-stable built as of last week, amd64 kernel, core2 duo e8200, 4G ram
(3.9G usable), intel dq45ek motherboard, kde4, compositing turned off.