Extending your zfs pool with multiple devices

Joshua Boyd boydjd at jbip.net
Thu Sep 2 16:48:06 UTC 2010

You need an HP SAS expander card in the new box, and an HBA in your primary
box with external ports to hook it into.

Then the drives in the other box will show up as local drives on your
primary box.

You don't even need an operating system on the second box, it just needs
enough hardware in it to supply power to the SAS expander.