igb related(?) panics on 7.3-STABLE

Greg Byshenk freebsd at byshenk.net
Thu Sep 2 09:40:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 05:22:47AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 04:08:45AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> > Bcc:
> > Subject: Re: igb related(?) panics on 7.3-STABLE
> > {snip}

> My apologies -- somehow my mail client completely broke the Subject line
> and pulled it from another thread.  I'm not quite sure how mutt managed
> to do that, but probably an extraneous newline when editing mail
> headers, e.g. PEBKAC.

As an informational followup on this issue, I've updated the problem
machine to 8-STABLE (FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #7: Mon Aug 23 13:01:15 CEST 2010)
and the problem seems to have gone away.

I had a journal overflow this morning, but that is a different problem,
and I think that it should be fixable via tuning a bit.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL