option DDB broken between r214547 - r214596

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 31 17:00:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi David,

>> Now, I actually build for the system in question on my build machine
>> (which builds a GENERIC kernel for itself, as well as kernels for the
>> above-mentioned machine and another).
>>
>> This morning, it was running FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE r214547, building
>> 8.1-STABLE r214596.  The GENERIC build succeeded, and went on to the
>> kernel "ALBERT".
>>
>> That failed, thus:
>> /usr/src/sys/net/if_debug.c
>> /usr/src/sys/net/if_debug.c: In function 'if_show_ifnet':
>> /usr/src/sys/net/if_debug.c:65: error: 'struct ifnet' has no member named
>> 'if_index_reserved'
>> *** Error code 1
>
> That would be mine though a universe had successfully completed with
> the merge.
>
> I'll go and look.

I still had the stable/8 LINT + 4 more different LINT configs all
including DDB build logs form yesterday on ref8; none had an error
though it was obviously there.  I have no clue but that a KERNFAST
build might not have cought it if this wasn't my first change to build
test.

It should be fixed with r214602.  Thanks a lot for the report.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.
         <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!