Degraded zpool cannot detach old/bad drive

Rumen Telbizov telbizov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 23:42:45 UTC 2010

Hi Artem,

What's really puzzling is why GPT labels disappear in the middle of
> zpool import. I'm fresh out of ideas why that would happen.

Thanks for your support anyway. Appreciated.

What FreeBSD version are you running. SVN revision of the sources
> would be good, but date may also work.

FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #0: Sun Sep  5 00:22:45 PDT 2010

That's when I csuped and rebuilt world/kernel.
I can (and probably will) very easily csup it to the latest stable and try
to upgrade zfs to version
15 which was incorporated shortly after this build. See if that makes any
difference.

I wonder if there's a way to fix it over OpenSolaris LiveCD. Somehow load
the gpt labeled partitions and save
the cache file.

Regards,
--