Degraded zpool cannot detach old/bad drive

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Fri Oct 29 20:36:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Rumen Telbizov <telbizov at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem I think comes down to what I have written in the zpool.cache
> file.
> It stores the mfid path instead of the gpt/disk one.
>       children[0]
>              type='disk'
>              id=0
>              guid=1641394056824955485
>              path='/dev/mfid33p1'
>              phys_path='/pci at 0,0/pci8086,3b42 at 1c/pci15d9,c480 at 0/sd at 1,0:a'
>              whole_disk=0
>              DTL=55

Yes, phys_path does look like something that came from solaris.

> Compared to a disk from a partner server which is fine:
>       children[0]
>              type='disk'
>              id=0
>              guid=5513814503830705577
>              path='/dev/gpt/disk-e1:s6'
>              whole_disk=0

If you have old copy of /boot/zfs/zpool.cache you could try use "zpool
import -c old-cache-file".

I don't think zpool.cache is needed for import. Import should work
without it just fine. Just remove /boot/zfs/zpool.cache (or move it
somewhere else and then try importing with -d /dev/gpt again.

--Artem