Correct procedure for cross-compilation

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 06:37:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Simon Chang <sector214 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK... except that this flies in the face of this part from the Handbook:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/small-lan.html

That part in the handbook only works when both the build machine and
the target machines are running the same O/S arch (i.e. i386).

> Also, if you are right, where should I run mergemaster???

You can run mergemaster from either the build machine or the target
machine.  The target machine would need to have the /usr/src NFS
mounted.

To use mergemaster on the build machine use:

mergemaster -A i386 -D /path/to/nfs/mnt/

Scot