kpanic on install >32GB of RAM [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sean Bruno seanbru at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Oct 20 18:16:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 06:01 -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 1:16:07 am Andriy Gapon wrote:
> > on 19/10/2010 06:11 Wilkinson, Alex said the following:
> > > Will it work something like http://freshmeat.net/projects/mcelog/ ?
> >
> > jhb has a port of this, yes.
>
> The relevant bits are at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/mcelog/
>
> I should probably make this into a port, but I really need to e-mail the
> mcelog folks about integrating the patches into their tree.

Q:  Has anyone installed any version of FreeBSD on a DL980 G7 from HP
yet?  Has anyone installed any version of FreeBSD on a DL580 G7 from HP?

HP testers report that 7 nor 8 install without the kernel
'insta-panicing' across all CPUS at the same time.

I'm going to ask that they try the latest 9 snap shot and then kill the
project at this time.

sean